The students are able to:
The Reflection component aims to improve students';
- apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional setting
- apply and expand scientific and technical competencies in a professional setting
- work, interact, and communicate in a professional organization
This is a 5-credit module component; it is evaluated on the basis of the reflection diary. Students do not get a separate grade for the Reflection Component . The grade is integrated into the final grade for the internship.
- ability to apply critical reasoning and ethical deliberation in order to assess and anticipate the impact of design choices
- ability to understand how Information technology design may affect core moral values, user well-being, and societal change
- knowledge of the most fundamental discussions, theories, and controversies in computer ethics, in particular related to the design of information technologies
- knowledge of professional codes of ethics and regional and international legislation related to computer science
Students will do an internship of 10 weeks (corresponding with the start and end of the quartile), working on assignments in the work field, where they can apply their knowledge and learn about working in an organization.