At the end of this course, students will be able to;
- Define the role of design at different levels behavior change.
- Classify the factors (individual, social, environmental etc) that affect the behavior change.
- Analyze opportunities and potential areas for influencing behavior through design.
- Design a framework/model to design interventions for behavior change
- Design interventions by evaluating the models and frameworks of behavior change.
- Evaluate the design decisions for changing behavior through design by analyzing and reflecting on those decisions
This multi-disciplinary course, students (from Industrial Design Engineering, Communication Science and HMI) work together on a challenge in the domain of health and wellbeing). In doing so, this course reflects the notion that current societal challenges are complex and require input from different disciplines. In addition, this course (spanning the faculties of ET, BMS and EWI) aligns with our university’s high tech-human touch mission statement.|