The student is able to
- understand recent scientific developments in the field of embedded systems and in particular within the chosen specialization;
- find relevant scientific papers for a technical problem, read and understand them, and evaluate their significance for the technical problem under consideration;
- analyze technical problems at a conceptual and mathematical level;
- have a methodological approach to requirement analysis, making specifications and designing concept solutions,
- develop a research plan for a particular technical problem.
- write a report about a literature study and a research plan for a particular technical problem.
The individual project is a course unit for an individual student (in exceptional cases for a small group of students). It is intended as a preparation for the final project project. Main objectives are further reaching exploration into the student's specialisation and further development the student's research competencies. Research topics will always be taken in the context of current research in a professorial chair. Research topics may typically consist of an initial literature study and aim at the statement of a clear research or design question and planning for the final project.
- finding and processing relevant literature, and using it to formulate research questions
- conducting a review of the literature and writing a report (literature search)
- choosing an appropriate research set-up for a research question
- making and/or developing a project plan for the final project