After following this course, students can:
- Independently study a specific topic of Software Technology in depth
- Find, analyse and appropriately refer to literature relevant to the research question
- Present the results of the research in the form of a scientific paper in English
- Give an oral presentation on the results of the research
- Understand the wider context of Software Technology-related research
This course enables a student to study an advanced, research-oriented topic in Software Technology. The course does not adhere to a fixed schedule, since it will be adapted to the students' needs. Students are expected to show a high degree of independence and initiative in following this course.|
Once a student has found a teacher for this course, student and teacher should reach an agreement about:
- the topic to be studied
- the course materials (e.g. papers, books)
- the learning activities (e.g. self study, assignments, projects, presentations)
- a time schedule for the activities
- the assessment procedure and criteria.
This course can be taken individually, but it is also possible to follow this course as a group.