After following this course, candidates
- are able to recognise different fields in classical physics and know something about their history
- know what physical measurements are and how to use physical units
- know the basics of Energy and Work in physics
- know Newton’s laws of motion and can solve simple mechanical problems
- are able to interpret, discuss and solve simple mechanical problems (about motion) using Newton’s laws
- recognise the basic working and use of resistors / capacitors / inductors
- recognise and can restate the accompanying concepts in a circuit design
- are able to interpret, discuss and reproduce simple circuit diagrams composing of electronic components.
The course consists of 6 lectures in which the following topics are being treated:
Manual enrollment via Osiris is only for Creative Technology students. If you want to enroll, please contact K. Zalewska (email@example.com).
- 1a Short history of physics,
- 1b Basic physics: Energy and Matter, Units and Measurements
- 2 Basic Mechanics I: The Laws of Motion (Newton)
- 3 Basic Mechanics II: Newton’s Laws incl. exercises
- 4 Basic Electricity and Magnetism
- 5 Electricity II and Electronics (Ohm’s Law / Kirchhoff’s Laws / El. Circuits
- 6. Overview and Exercises, Mechanics, Circuits (Energy / Power).