In completing the Master’s project, the student:
- independently applies theory to the relevant socio-academic field;
- independently conducts research/generates a solution to a practical problem;
- acquires more in-depth knowledge and applies it to his field of study (i.e. the Master’s programme or track the student is completing);
- demonstrates the skills (including verbal and written communication skills) acquired in completing the Master’s programme curriculum;
- reflects on his own work;
- finishes the assignment (i.e. conducts research/generates a design solution) within the time permitted.
To this end, the student independently develops and implements a research-oriented and/or design-oriented project. He completes the project within the time permitted; justifies the models, theories, methodology and techniques used, as well as the research/design process as a whole; analyses the work completed; and makes both an oral and written report of his work.