For students to become familiar with the basic techniques of high-frequency and microwaves, regarding simulation, design and measurement techniques.
During this course, all basic techniques will be taught, allowing the student an independent design and characterisation of high-frequency and microwave circuits, following these themes:
- the relation between Maxwell's equations and microwave waveguides
- network representations based on S-parameters
- transmission line theory and components
- transistor modelling and parameter extraction
- criteria for matching and stability of microwave circuits
- microwave measurement and design methods