General course aim: after the course the student has gained in-depth knowledge of a specific topic in the area of Production Management by carrying out an assignment with regard to a problem given by one of the lecturers. The student learns to independently (though under the supervision of the lecturer) understand, analyze and solve the problem.
After the course, the student is able to …
- Give an in-depth description of a specific topic in the area of Production Management
- Independently analyse a complex problem in the area of Production Management
- Generate alternative solutions to the problem stated
- Evaluate solutions and select the best solution to the problem
- Report about the problem solving process
Course description/ contents:
This course involves an individual assignment on a topic within the field of production management. The course is not scheduled; the student can do the assignment at times that suit him/her best. The content of the assignment is agreed by the teacher and the student before the start of it. The aim is to obtain in-depth knowledge of a specific subject in the area of production management. The student should show that he/she is able to explore alternative solutions to a research question and to indicate their validity, relevance and limitations when applying them to a practical situation. Interested students can contact one of the teachers of the section Production Management.